Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa Clause?

As a mom we all know that some day we will be faced with the question...

Well, about a month ago at just seven years old Britton asked me if Santa was real. I knew it would come but I didn't think it would be this soon. I guess when they go to school and get together with their friends they are going to hear lots of variations. With Britton that day I explained why I believe Santa is real and what he means to me. I told him that there is magic at Christmas time, like when people seem to give more and family members come from far away to be together. I told him that when we get gifts together for kids who don't have as much as we do we are "Santa Clause". Santa is who we want him to be, who we believe he is. I told him that if he likes waking up on Christmas morning and seeing all the gifts from Santa then Santa is real. I also explained that if he doesn't want to think Santa is real then he doesn't have to, but he shouldn't go around spoiling the fun for others. He can make Christmas what he wants it to be. Magic or not but he shouldn't tell others that Santa is not real. He thought about what I said, no doubt about it, but I haven't been faced with the question again.

We got to our holiday fun right after Thanksgiving and it began to feel like Christmas once
again. I do love Christmas more and more as the boys get older. Working at the post office brings out the Ba humbug in me but there are lots of great people in our town and the Grinch is no match.

At the beginning of the month we baked cookies for scouts, the Pack Christmas Party was on a Tuesday so I didn't get to go because I have school on Tuesday nights but we had fun making the cookie for the boys to take.

They look so cute in their aprons but they are getting too big for them.

Such an artist.









mmm I bet they went fast...

The next week ( a little behind schedule) we put up the tree. We alternate every year with our decorations.

We have a blue and white with silver set mostly containing snow men ( I LOVE snowmen) they are so dang cute! Then we have a red and green set with gold lots of angels and Santa of coarse!



Our tree looks so pretty. It is more fun every year. This year we did the blue n silver set.





Next we put together our annual ginger bread house. My lovely visiting teacher Rosella gives us one every year. We got right to work on it.







I just love to let the boys be creative. I often have to remind myself that any mess can be cleaned up.



They have so much fun every time.

When we finished the ginger bread house we took it to my work and put it on the table in the lobby for every one to see. I love to hear all the comments about it and Stella sure puts the word out for me and the boys, telling everyone who made it.

No comments:

Britton

Ethan

Riley

Reagan

Our Wedding Anniversary.