Well, I can now add sewing to my ever-growing list of talents. A few months ago while visiting with me and the girls, my friend Jill loved some of the burp cloths another friend had made for the girls. She kept telling me "we could make those" so I took her up on it. I got some fabric and we met at her house once a week so she could teach me to sew. They turned out so cute.
It didn't stop there though, I mentioned that I wanted to make car seat covers for the girls car seats so we used a tutorial I found on another friend's blog and made them each a car seat cover to match their car seats.
The scroll design that matches their seats on one side and on the other side pink gingham for Riley and purple for Reagan.


By the time we were close to finishing them it was getting to be hot weather so we didn't attach the straps and the girls can use them for blankets in stead of car seat covers.

I even found a great sewing machine on Craig's List. Jill went with me to look at it, we both think the woman didn't know what a great machine she had, but she had already purchased a new one, the one she wanted. So I got it. I'm still learning but I'm getting better at it.










2 comments:
How fun!!! I'm about to make another car seat cover too for my sister in law!! I only do simple sewing projects!! :D
wish I would have learned when I had a chance. mom
Post a Comment