Yesterday my sister called to tell me that after 2 years of fighting cancer, her husband had lost his battle. My brother in law Brian was a great person, I think Nita said it best that "you could not be near him laughing without laughing as well." He always brought laughter to our day.
I had school last night but Eric kept the kids up so we could tell them when I got home. We didn't want to wait till the next day because in our busy life the "next day" always turns into next week or even two weeks.
The boys are both super sad about their uncle Brian, Britton sobbed and sobbed. Ethan got pretty emotional too, but was quick to point out that at least Grama is there to take care of Aunt Songe and Charlie. I told the boys about this post and that I would have it finished by the time they got home so they could read it with me.
This post is a tribute to "our Uncle Brian" We love you and miss you already.
BIG Fishy was given to Britton from uncle Brian in 2009 when we all met up in Utah for a visit. Britton hugged BIG Fishy a little tighter last night.
Rest In Peace Uncle Brian. 09-20-2011
06-26-2009
Even though Brian wasn't up for sight seeing we had a lot of time together and even made it to the movies to see Rango with him.

At one of Brian's favorite places to eat.
Touring the fort.
We were all HOT but Brian had no inhibitions about taking off his shirt. (I think it was his mission to make us laugh).
"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again."

The very trip where BIG Fishy became part of our family. Thank You Uncle Brian!

He has slept with that fish every night since he brought him home.

07-2008 Saundra and Brian's wedding.





















2 comments:
What a great tribute!!! He would love it! Thank you I haven't seen most of those pics.
Love you guys
I was so sad to hear of his passing. Looks like he added some great times to your family and will be missed. You guys have all been in my prayers!!
Post a Comment