Friday, June 17, 2011

6 months old and then some.

Just before the girls turned 6 months old we took them to the zoo for the first time. Naturally this trip was more for the boys but hey!
I was initially going to attempt it alone with the foursome but at the last minute Eric decided to play hookie and meet us there. I'm sure glad he did!
We didn't get many pictures because the girls didn't really care and you can only have so many pictures of the zoo.
We always ride the train after. When I'm ready to go, its my motivation to get them out of there.
They think they're so cool...
Riley got frightened when the train started going and the conductor blew the whistle.

She didn't like it at all.
Reagan enjoyed the ride though.
Can you tell?
When we got home and cooled off they were both in better moods. Ethan helped pick out an animal for each of them. They like their new kitties.


I just had to throw this one in there. We originally decided that we did not need two of everything but the girls like their jumperoo soo much that we ended up getting another one. Thank you Craigslist! Some day (when Eric converts the video) I'll post it. Its so darn cute when they get to jumping together.
Tummy time!
I'm waiting for the girls to learn to sit on their own before getting more pictures done but in the mean time, we staged a little photo shoot of our own.
Riley at 6 months: Can say Mama (I'll post that video soon as well)...
Can roll from back to front but always gets her arm caught and cannot get back yet...
She sleeps through the night and loves to eat (can ya tell)?
Riley is a happy baby. She weighs 15lbs. 7 oz. and she is now 24inches tall. Everyone loves her curly hair.
Reagan at 6 months: Is still our noisiest baby! She squeals all the time...
She can roll both ways and moves all over the place... (Below: She's laughing by the way).
Reagan sleeps through the night on most nights but is not as big an eater as Riley. Once I give her even one bite of food she will not drink her bottle, so I have to feed her bottle to her first.
Reagan is a happy baby too. She weighs 13 lbs. 2 oz. and is 24 1/4 inches tall.
They both LOVE to play with their feet!

We had a lot of fun being outside and taking pictures. The girls love it outside. When they are grumpy I put them in their car seats and we go out and sit on the porch. They are awestruck, they just sit there and look around.






The boys are enjoying their summer, we have been keeping busy with reading programs at the library, going to the park (when its not too HOT), and playing with friends.

They are getting so BIG.


Did I mention the girls LOVE their feet. The minute we lay them down they are grabbing their feet.
They also like to sleep on their tummies. Reagan especially likes to sleep with her bottom in the air.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute!! How is it that they are already 6 months old?!?! Sheesh... time goes by so fast! Landon was our baby that LOVED his feet. He did the same thing, when we'd lay him down, he would immediately play with his feet and eat his toes!! I always thought it was so cute and funny!!!

Grama said...

Reagan is only 12&1/4" tall?
Did she shrink? Wasn't she 18" at Birth? Grama

Lisa Koehler said...

Thanks mom for pointing that out. I fixed it. 24 1/4 inches.

Britton

Ethan

Riley

Reagan

Our Wedding Anniversary.