That goes to the technician who scolded me for chewing a piece of gum during my glucose tolerance test.
A few weeks ago I had to drink that nasty sugar drink and wait in the lab for an hour to have my blood drawn and tested for Gestational Diabetes. Well, I got extremely board after finishing the magazine I had brought along, so I popped a piece of gum in my mouth. I knew I couldn't eat or drink but I didn't know I couldn't even chew gum. When she called me back in after the hour was up and noticed I was chewing gum she made a big stink and said "Well if you have to come back and take it again, just remember you'll have to wait 3 hours with no food or drink"!
Well na, na, nana, na, to her. My results came back normal and I don't have to worry about that test ever again!!!






1 comment:
Especially if it's sugar free gum like most gum is, there wouldn't be a problem with it. She must have been on one that day! Glad you passed!! :) Not much longer!!!
Post a Comment