Wednesday December 15th started a lot like any other day. A few things were different like daddy was home from work and Grama was here visiting. We took one last picture as a family of four before we began our day and the boys went to school (mommy and daddy walked them to class) we gave them lots of hugs and kisses and told them by the end of school they would be BIG brothers. (I made arrangements with their teachers for me to send them and e-mail with pictures and the boys could share with their classes) Gotta love technology...
Eric and I had a little time to connect in the waiting room. We were just so overjoyed that the day was finally here and shocked that it came so fast, not to mention the disbelief that we were about to have TWINS, our number of children was about to double!

I will say that Riley only cried a little when they took her out and Reagan screamed with all her might. We thought it was an indication to their personalties but we were wrong. Riley cried all through her check up and bath and Reagan was so calm and content the whole time.
I'm just so happy that everything went so well. My doctor said it was one of his best twin deliveries as far as time wise and complications (or the lack thereof). I don't know why but I had vivid day dreams or, for me, terrors that I was not going to see my boys again. I was scared to death this time round. I have never been so scared. I am blessed to have had a blessing a week before and Eric and I prayed to our Heavenly Father multiple times that morning for my safe recovery and a delivery of healthy babies. That afternoon when I heard the boys coming down the hall I busted out crying for the happiness I felt. It was like I hadn't seen them for weeks. I missed them so much.
Britton was right on it. He wanted a baby in his arms. Like pronto! Look at the pride on his face. He asks all the time to hold them, its amazing he showed so little interest up until a few weeks ago. And Ethan doesn't really care too much. He has regressed a little to talking like a baby and wetting his pants but we don't blame him and are making it as positive experience as we can. After all, he as been the "BABY" for 5 years...

Here are my babies... Reagan on the left, Riley on the right. Reagan looks like daddy and Oma to me and Riley looks just like Britton did when we had him. Hands down.

I think it is pretty cool that the photographer comes to your room to do baby pictures. Maybe they do it that everywhere these days but when we had the boys it was just a quick "mugshot" in the nursery and off you go. This shoot was so personal.

We took advantage of the opportunity and took our own photos while the photographer was posing and playing with the girls.

I just love these pictures. Thanks Regina and family for the darling hats and booties. I'm so happy I took them to the hospital with me.

By Friday we were ready to get home. I was given the ok by my doctor at 8:30 that morning but there were many things that had to happen first. The pediatrician had to give the ok for the girls to go home. She finally came after lunch and we were cleared to go except, since Reagen is so tiny they wanted to do a "Car Seat Study" on her to make sure she could handle the ride home. It took an hour to do the test and it was done in the nursery. I can't believe it but I missed her so much. She passed! We were clear to go. After that the nurse started our discharge paperwork and we started to prepare to go home.








5 comments:
Congrats!!! They are adorable. I am so excited that everything went great for you. Those big brothers are too cute!!! Let me know if you need anything at all. Congrats guys and Merry Christmas!
CONGRATS!!!! I cried cuz im so happy. :) They are all so cute.
Oh my goodness! They are the cutest little things! I'm so glad everything went well and you are all heathly. Congratulations!
So so SO glad everything went so smoothly!! What beautiful little girls you have!! What a blessing!! Love the pics with their Santa hats on. Those boys of yours are going to be GREAT big brothers to those little girls!! So cute!!! We are so happy for you guys!!!!!
BTW, I don't even think the hospital took pics of Landon when he was born. So cool they came to your room to do it!!
Oh my goodness, they are GORGEOUS!! Congrats. We're so glad everything went so well!
I love all of their hair and their darling names! Let me know if you need anything at all.
Post a Comment