Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blue and Gold Banquet

The Blue and Gold Banquet is to Celebrate the 100th Birthday of Scouts.


It was a lot of fun. They had a "Fellers Cake Bake", where the Scout makes and decorates a cake with their dad or grown up guy with no help from Mommy. She wasn't even allowed to help clean up. Too bad huh?

The guys decided to make a rice crispy cake. The cakes were going to be judged. The theme they chose was best scouting cake. Every thing on the cake had to be edible.

They created a camp site with trees, a camp fire, tents, gummy bears rafting, and fish in the water,with German chocolate frosting and broccoli, wheat thins, life savers, gold fish, jelly beans, candy corn, and gummy bears.

It turned out so good. I loved it. I didn't want them to cut it up.





Another theme was "Best 100th birthday theme". I thought there were so many creative and cool cakes.



Besides Britton's cake I liked this one with the Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, and Tiger the best.

This was the cake that won for the best scout theme. It was way cool too. I thought Britton had it in the bag though. We heard a lot of comments on the broccoli. The banquet was catered (mmm Mexican food)... Afterward, the cakes were served for desert.

No comments:

Britton

Ethan

Riley

Reagan

Our Wedding Anniversary.