A friend of mine gave Ethan her son's bike because he had outgrown it, but it didn't have the training wheels on it. Britton wanted to learn so bad so we put them on really loose and took him out to practice. He rode around one time and was balancing so well that the training wheels were hardly even touching the ground. He was so excited. He insisted we take them off!
So we gave Britton the bike with no training wheels and Ethan got Britton's old bike with training wheels. He also inherited Britton's old helmet because Britton's head just wouldn't fit in it anymore. He had to wear mine.
Daddy showed Britton a few tricks...
...and you know I had to give a demonstration too.
Then it was time to get started. Britton was so confident. He just jumped right in.
Of course he fell...
...and he fell again.
...and he fell a few times more.
But, finally he got it! He just kept getting back on and trying his best. He was so happy, by personal request he wanted me to send this video to Grama.
We just kept cheering him on. He did it! He learned how to ride without training wheels. I thought it would take more than just this one trip to the park.
"Oh ye of little faith"!
H Ethan just chugging away. He usually rides his tricycle but he has ridden Britton's bike a few times for as long as Britton would let him. I almost got him a new bike for his birthday but I knew Britton would be outgrowing this one soon and didn't think we needed two bikes this size.
Ethan loves his "new" bike. He is just happy that he can ride it as much as he wants now because its his. Britton was pretty proud of his little Bro, he was telling Ethan that he was doing such a good job and that he was going to give him one of his legos from his shelf for doing so good, but I stopped recording too soon so it got cut off.
Ethan was having a hard time at first and I noticed that he did great when he was looking at his feet but as soon as he looked up his feet did whatever they wanted to do. So funny!
So we just have to let them grow up huh?
We practiced until dark and I promised Britton that we would get him a new helmet the very next day. After all he earned it!
We are heading off for vacation tomorrow afternoon. I will try to keep blogging but we are going to be pretty busy visiting Grama.






1 comment:
Yay for Britton!! Brayden was so excited and proud of himself too when he finally learned to ride his bike without training wheels. It's so fun to se them figuring it all out. Have fun in Utah!! This is you first time back all together huh?? Hope you have a great time!!!!!!!
Post a Comment