Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Anniversary Trip! (Day One)

Ok. I just want to warn you now. If your not in it for the long haul you may not want to start this one. There are about 70 pictures in this post! We had so much fun on our anniversary and I just couldn't get it down to less that that. Oh, and this is just the first day...
So we had about an hour drive to get to Enchanted Rock and this is the first thing we took pictures of. It was a great start to our weekend.
Looks two headed huh? I have never seen a llama that has just been shaved!
The owner must have a good sense of humor though because they looked like some rare breed of poodle. It sure gave us a laugh...
We made it to Enchanted Rock State Park and got all checked in. We had a reservation for a primitive campsite at Moss Lake.
It was going to be about a two mile hike but we wanted to hike Enchanted Rock first. So we slathered on our sun screen and hit the trail.
Eric got lots of practice taking pictures of the two of us. I thought he did pretty well. We took lots of scenery pictures too.
Can you see those little specs at the top of that mountain? (below) Those are people and that is where we are headed.

I'm glad we decided to do this one without the boys. I think they would have had a hard time with it.
We took the Summit Trail. It was pretty steep.

Almost there.
The view was beautiful!




That lake is where we camped.


And back down the other side...








The mountain you see is right next to the mountain we were on. Between the two is the trail to Moss Lake.
I love that Eric finally figured out how to use the timer on our camera.


Nature :)


This is the valley between the two mountains.
It was so beautiful and noticeably cooler. Although it was not hot at all. The temperature was great all three days.







We made it!
It was kind of creepy at first because we were the only people around. No noises just silence.


We just enjoyed our trek as we tried to decide where we wanted to set up camp.
We decided on a little spot next to a stream. Because we wanted to climb E-Rock first we left all our gear in the car so we headed back to the car to get it.
It was pretty early and we had plenty of time so after we geared up we took the loop around, which was a little longer but it was a lot of fun.





The wildflowers were just beautiful!



The back entrance to Moss Lake.



We got to our site around 7:30 p.m. and still there were no other people.
We set up camp under a tree and then ate our dinner by the creek. SubWay. mmm...
I just love our one man tent. Eric is too tall to even lay down in it but it works so well when its just the two of us or just him and the boys.
I think we had lights out by 8:40. Man were we tired!
I had a hard time sleeping that night though because it was too quiet. Every little sound woke me up because there was no background noise. It was kind of spooky. In fact the first time I heard other people coming in was about 10:00. Crazy time to be setting up camp but they managed.
It started raining at like 4 a.m. and by 6:30 it had stopped. We had strawberries and almonds for breakfast and then Eric shook the tent off so we could break camp.
We hiked back to the car, checked out, and went to Fredericksburg for some real breakfast!

No comments:

Britton

Ethan

Riley

Reagan

Our Wedding Anniversary.